Confirmation is a once-in-a-lifetime-experience; make an impact forever!
Confirmation classes provide a great opportunity to give students a broad view of basic Christian beliefs including the characteristics of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit; the importance and nature of the Bible; the need to trust in Jesus Christ for salvation; and the significance of the church.
We Believe Student includes these topics as well as general church history and the responsibilties of discipleship and church membership. It offers students a basic but thorough understanding of what it means to be a Christian in the United Methodist tradition.
Each lesson has three parts: Experience, Content & Discussion and Life Application. While basic Christian beliefs are presented and discussed, the material encourages students to reflect these principles within their lives. Most important, it stresses the importance of having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and gives students the opportunity to make that decision, if he/she is at that point.
When used in conjunction with the I Believe Journal, the student can further examine his thoughts and understanding of the confirmation experience.
Designed as a 13 week study, the We Believe Teacher shows how the program can be shortened or contracted. It may also be slightly modified to be used as a 13 week basic United Methodist belief study.
Bristol House has been training the next generation of United Methodists for over 30 years! Updated to correlate with the 2008 Book of Discipline Membership Vows, our material is thoroughly biblical and solidly Wesleyan in the United Methodist tradition.
1. Let's Get Started: Introductory material
2. We are the Church: What and who are the church?
3. The Book of Books: Introduction to the Bible and how to use it
4. God, the Father: The first person of the Trinity, attributes of God, the 10 Commandments
5. God, the Son: Summary of the life, death and resurrection of Christ
6. God, the Holy Spirit: Who is the Holy Spirit and how does He work in our lives? The gifts of the Spirit and the fruit of the Spirit.
7. God's Church Grows: General church, history and Methodist history
8. We Worship God: Elements of congregational worship (preaching, music, creeds, etc. and what happens to us as we worship).
9. The Church Celebrates: The sacraments: Baptism and Holy Communion.
10. God's Plan for our World: Sin and redemption
11. Faithful Disciples: Prayers, presence, gifts and service to the church.
12. We Live the Christian Life: Spiritual disciplines and decision making.
13. Are You a Christian? How to make a decision for Christ.
United Methodist confirmation materials that are evangelical and Wesleyan.
All prices are in USD.